May 28, 2014 10:57 am
Advancement Live host Ryan Catherwood interviews Kenna Boyd from the University of Virginia on the subject of donor relations strategy and events involving the President of the University, Teresa Sullivan. Original air date: 5.27.14.
Questions for Kenna:
1) You work closely with President Teresa Sullivan. How are events involving the President part of your Donor Relations strategy?
2) You mentioned that the planning of events involving the President is very data driven, both quantitatively and qualitatively. How so?
3) How do you prepare the President for her events? What are the objectives for her presence?
4) It sounds like your role has evolved to have an intersection with the Principle Relationship Managers in Development? Is that true? How do you work with our front line fundraisers?
5) In our pre-show discussion, you mentioned that you feel the
customized work and relationship management with our major donors is important and different from what you have seen in the industry. How are you carving new space in Donor Relations?
Kenna Boyd is the Associate Director of Donor Relations at the University of Virginia, where she is responsible for stewardship of the University’s major donors, alumni, parents and friends through cultivation, recognition and engagement events. In addition to managing the Office of University Advancement’s events program she is responsible for the coordination and compilation of the Presidential Event Proposal and
Advancement Live is sponsored by
iModules Software is the leading constituent engagement management provider for educational institutions. iModules delivers an integrated, online platform that transforms how institutions strengthen constituent relationships and achieve fundraising success.
Higher Ed Live is produced by mStoner, a marketing and communications firm that works with education institutions on branding, strategy, web design, and more. In June mStoner is hosting an in-depth two-part webinar series focused on brand strategy.Schedule.