May 28, 2012 4:25 pm
by Seth Odell
As online learning continues to expand, how does the distance learning model impact the way we think of and deliver student services? In this episode we talk with SNHU Director of Student Success Matt Thornton about the role and reality of delivering these services, exploring and answering these key questions:
- What are the needs of the distance learning student?
- What is the role of community building, both inside and outside the LMS?
- How can data help us build a more efficient student services system?
- How is tutoring being deployed for online students, and who are some key players in this space?
- What are the overall biggest challenges facing student services and academic advisors?
Thanks to our Sponsors
OmniUpdate is the leading web content management system (CMS) provider for higher education. The company’s web CMS, OU Campus™, is secure and scalable with great tools and features, deployment flexibility, and an awesome user community. Check out OmniUpdate’s Shahab Lashkari’s great post on Why You Should Care About XSL.
Inigral, the creators of the Schools App on Facebook. A private Facebook community to boost enrollment and retention. Check out their latest research on Class of 2016 Facebook communities.
SCVNGR is a Google-funded mobile game about going places, doing challenges and earning points. Replacing traditional campus tours with SCVNGR can provide a richer experience for students. Check out how @oaklandu did it!