I sat down virtually over Google Plus On-Air Hangouts, with Rachel Luna, Assistant Director at the Center for Community of Involvement at the University of the Pacific for another episode of Student Affairs Live!
Rachel and I will be talked about accessibility and the web and why, as Student Affairs and Higher Education professionals, its an important topic we need to be talking about and role modeling! Thanks to all who joined us live and those who watched us in syndication!
Questions and Resources Discussed on the Show:
1. Please share your Student Affairs story with our audience.
2. How do you define “Web Accessibility?” and why is it important?
3. What types of disabilities does one need to consider when developing web content?
4. How else does web accessibility issues play out online? Perhaps through social media sites like Facebook?
5. What do we often overlook when we think about web accessibility?
6. What resources, either online or in print, do you recommend to folks looking to learn more about web accessibility?
7. What should we do if we wanted to reach out to our friends in IT to talk more about making university websites more accessible? Tips?
8. How do you promote innovation in your role at the University of the Pacfic?
Page optimized by WP Minify WordPress Plugin