About the Session
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Higher Ed Live: Contested Issues
Join Student Affairs Live co-hosts Heather Shea and Tony Doody as they moderate six fast-paced, eight minute, one-on-one debates between legendary thought leaders in student affairs. Learn more about each thought leader here.
The session will explore controversial topics in higher education. The session will include feedback from the live audience and twitter.
- Create or Cultivate: Will our culture’s obsession with innovation lead us to neglect maintenance and maintainers?
- Authenticity: Should we reveal our authentic self in our professional capacity?
- Graduate Preparation: Are Masters program adequately preparing professionals for the field?
- Debate is Effective: Is debating an effective method of discourse?
- Scope of Higher Education: Are the services and opportunities provided to today’s students are beyond the scope of the academic mission?
- Consolidation: Should ACPA and NASPA merge to one student affairs association?
Senior Director of Student Engagement
HALE PhD student & Assistant Director, RISE
Michigan State University
Senior Client Lead for University Programs
Amazon Web Services
Stay connected throughout the conference and during the session with #ACPA17 and #higheredlive. Follow @higheredlive on Twitter for debate updates and more! Can’t make the 2017 ACPA Conference but still want to check out the debate? Higher Ed Live will be streaming the session LIVE for free at watch.higheredlive.com.