There are plenty of ingredients in a communications pro’s pantry. Mixing flavors of earned media, PR and paid content with your organization’s strategy can yield tasty results.
This presentation will cover various aspects of communications strategy including content production and curation, PR practice and select content marketing and corporate partnerships. The process which includes:
- Reviewing and adapting areas of strategic focus into “interesting” topics
- Tracking topics in popular media and identifying earned media opportunities
- Identifying and promoting faculty with area expertise (and ensuring coverage and support to faculty not directly associated with strategic topics)
- Producing content calendars aligned with strategic topics and marketing goals
- Identifying opportunities for sponsored updates and other “quick wins”
- Using various forms of content (social, multimedia, submitted) to make the most impact with limited resources
- Tracking results of communications campaigns
Andrea Boyle TippettDirector of External Relations, University of Delaware
J. Mike Moore, Senior Communications Manager, Emory University's Goizueta Business School
J. Mike Moore’s career has spanned the worlds of sports journalism, public relations, digital communications, publishing, social media, user experience and content strategy. He has worked in editorial roles for both the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons and collaborated with Samsung R&D on a multi-platform sports application. In his current role, Moore manages EmoryBusiness.com, social media strategy, media relations and corporate communications for the school’s dean.